We are looking for a safety officer within a permanent part time capacity working 24 hours per week over the span of Monday – Friday, onsite.
The main responsibilites of this position are:
- Supporting the development of WHS policies and programs
- Advising and instructing others on various safety-related topics
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate and organise WHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity and rectify/report.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Develop a Safety Management system
- Investigate and report on incidents and put preventative measures in place to reduce risk of injury in the workplace e.g. policy, procedure, training, WHS committee, first aid officers.
- Work with the HR Manager on workers compensation claims.
- Run the end-to-end safety function of the business
The successful candidate must have:
- Proven experience as a safety officer or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of safety legislation and requirements
- Ability to run the end-to-end safety function
- Bachelor degree in safety or certificate is desirable
The hours of the role will be flexible Monday- Friday but the hours of work must be from the office.
We have a friendly, supportive, empowering culture at NHFH with benefits such as:
- Salary packaging
- Bonus scheme
- Training and development
- Staff rewards and events
- Flexible working hours
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Erica Regan on firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise, if you think this is the role for you, do not hesitate to apply!
New Haven Farm Home (NHFH) are a SIL (Support Independent Living) service located in Freemans Reach NSW 2756. The company has been in operation for over 60 years providing support and living services to people with a disability. Our services allow the clients of New Haven Farm Home to live the lives they want, supported to experience greater independence and access to the community.